Thursday, December 21, 2006

A reading from Pope Silas on love: We are timeless...

Our love will never grow old because it is timeless...

Go to sleep, may your sweet dreams come true

Just lay back in my arms for one more night
I've this crazy old notion that calls me sometimes
Saying this one's the love of our lives.
Cause I know a love that will never grow old
And I know a love that will never grow old.

I said once that we were Brokeback Mountain and every day I see more and more that we are. We've got such a great thing. I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful to God for bringing you into my life. Your eyes. Your smile. Your body. I slept so long until you. I am alive. I have worth. I have a purpose. Not because of you but thanks to you. You opened my eyes, my ears, my heart, my soul. Years went by with me believing that he was the love of my life. I've learned that one has an opportunity to have more than one. You are the ultimate love of my life. Our love will never grow old because it was here long before we connected in this life as it will be here long after we depart.

When you wake up the world may have changed
But trust in me, I'll never falter or fail
Just the smile in your eyes, it can light up the night,
And your laughter's like wind in my sails.
Cause I know a love that will never grow old
And I know a love that will never grow old.

I think I've pretty much said all that. But, just so you get it, I'll say it again. I've never trusted myself until you. Somehow you broke through that wall I built so long ago. Others thought they broke through. I even thought so. As crazy as a day may get, as frustrated or sad I may become, all it takes is you to stop the drowning. I look into your eyes and I have hope. I see your smile and my cold veneer is thawed. I hold your hand and I feel safe. I share the air and I feel loved. My heart is yours now. You own that which others have touched. I enter the twilight of my life but my world is brighter than ever, you illuminate my path.

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rutted old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.
Cause I know a love that will never grow old
And I know a love that will never grow old.

Lean on me as I lean on you. Let me be your rock as you are my foundation. How can one so young be so wise? How can one so young know my every reaction? It's because we've been here before. I regret not what we have. I regret not what we've sacrificed for each other. When I'm departed and you remain behind remember I am but a whisper away. As your angel I will sit on your shoulder offering you counsel, harbor and hope. You are my angel, let me
return that to you now while we have the time. The world won't understand. It doesn't need to. We do. That's all that matters.


A Love That Will Never Grow Old, from the movie Brokeback Mountain.
Music by
Gustavo A. Santaolalla, lyrics by Bernie Taupin. Sung by Emmylou Harris.





No comments: